Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Home away from Home away from Home

Hello! After a nearly two month hiatus from writing, I'm back with a little update. Well, as many of you know I am back State-side. How does it feel? What am I doing now? You anxiously wait for me to answer. Moving across the world and back again is actually a bit of a wonder as to how it would feel. I shared over a year ago when I arrived in Wellington just how I was feeling then. But you know, I never anticipated what it would feel like coming back. I was seriously so very busy the last 6+ weeks in New Zealand as I was finishing up a photography class that I was teaching, spent a week in Australia, re-packed my life into a couple of suitcases (harder than it sounds), said my tearful goodbyes, and traveled back to LA where I spent another whirlwind week with friends and my sister. Once I FINALLY reached my destination back at my mom and dad's house in MN, I was in a more than slight state of exhaustion. I actually had almost no jet lag from the 15 hour time zone jump I made crossing the Pacific, but completely felt the 2 hour difference from LA to Minnesota. Nonetheless, I was extremely excited to see my family and reunite with friends back at "home"and it's been wonderful catching up with everyone. How grateful I am for the amazing people in my life. After a reunion I was highly excited about, life, as it does, settled back in for the people around me and I found myself at a standstill while the world was moving all around me. Not in a dramatic way...it's just that my time before was filled in and busy and all of a sudden it wasn't! Seventy mph on the freeway to a screeching halt. Now what do I do? Of course I had plenty of personal tasks to work on...writing, photography study, getting my photos from NZ sorted, etc. With all of the time on my hands I realized that I don't have a home. I have three of them. Each place I've lived has truly become a home for me, each in their own way, and each has taught defining lessons that I'll carry the rest of my life. Home really is where your heart is.

I started this blog at the beginning of my journey in New Zealand and have decided to keep up with blogging. I'll be using a different title and layout to make it a bit more full circle in adding tid-bits of stories, adventures and life outside of traveling. Though I will certainly keep up with all the travel I {hope} to embark on in the future! Thank you all so much for your support, love, encouragement, excitement, compliments, and dedicated friendships. You are inspiring to me and I hope this blog has inspired you in one way or another...hopefully to visit New Zealand someday! If you do, let me know and I'll help in any way I can...

See you over at www.rachelkwrites.blogspot.com

Love, love...
Rach

Here are a few photos from my last road trip up the North Island with Abi and Emma...as you can see, we had a lot of fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment